We're Hiring Behavioral Therapist
123 Pediatrics Home Heathcare is
hiring a Behavioral Health Therapist II For the Pittsburgh service area. This position will primarily be working the daylight shift, with an occasional evening and Saturday requirement. Additionally,
this position will be working with a pediatric population, and either an LPC or and LCSW license is required.
- Assesses changing needs of patients per
guidelines for outpatient, and/or partial hospitalization programs, community and school based programs, and incorporates these into treatment plan and treatment plan review.
- Completes clinical documentation on the same day
of service delivery and provides clinical information to patient access representative personnel and insurance providers to ensure authorization for services.
- Conducts assessments of new patients using the
identified format for documentation and clinical decisions regarding treatment, interventions and referrals, as instructed. Implements, improves, and adapts concepts, models, and constructs of
treatment for application in service delivery to patients.
- Creates a treatment plan that includes an
effective continuum of therapeutic, supportive and other services for the patients a variety and complexity of needs serviced by the program.
- Discusses need for additional services with the
clinical team to determine appropriateness of recommendations. Refers patients to other levels of care, community based self-help programs for recovery or other community social or human services as
- Documents all assessments, treatment sessions,
contacts, case management and other work done on behalf of patients according to guidelines.
- Grows clinical skills by learning and
implementing new treatment approaches on a regular basis.
- Independently demonstrates competency in
management of administrative responsibilities associated with patient care with minimal supervision. This may include but not be limited to caseload management, group census, and other administrative
- Maintains daily records of clinical productivity
in the program as instructed.
- Participates in regular treatment team meetings
to discuss clinical cases, review and update patient treatment plans, monitor therapeutic progress and initiate recommendations for referral and continuing care.
- Participates in the mentoring of student
- Participates in the quality assurance and
performance improvement activities of the program.
- Participates in the regulatory and licensure
preparation activities on an ongoing basis with program leadership.
- Provides individual and group therapy to patients
in the program(remove word program) home, school, community settings and engages families in the assessment and treatment processes when indicated. Provides education to patients on recovery as
- Reviews cases and/or groups periodically, as well
as serious clinical patient condition changes with supervisor and other clinical personnel as indicated.
- Utilizes a relevant and evidence based treatment
approach in the context of the program as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work,
Counseling, Education in school counseling, or related field required.
- Knowledge of psychiatric evaluation and
assessment process, as well as application of current version of the DSM required.
- Functional Behavioral
- Positive behavioral
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (LMFT) is required.
- Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage &
Family Therapist or Licensed Professional Counselor
- Driver's License
- Automobile with automotive
- 2 years of clinical experience diagnosing and treating
behavioral and psychiatric conditions required.
- 2 years experience with intellectually disabled and/or
autism spectrum disorders
123 PHHC services and
employment are provided without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, disability, handicap or age.