We're Hiring Roaming Physical Therapist
Provide skilled therapy intervention
and treatment to patients in a home setting including, appropriate utilization of treatment plans and assessment skills. Monitor carefully the patient status and progress toward goals as well as
compliance with physician’s orders. Responsible for educating patients and caregivers while preparing the patient/caregiver for discharge as appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited program approved by the
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities &
- Must possess knowledge and skills required to provide
quality customer service
- Must possess knowledge of normal human growth and
development over the lifespan
- Must be able to read, understand, analyze, and
interpret medical record documents.
- Must be skilled in planning/organization, follow
up/control, delegation, problem solving, self-development orientation, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance.
- Must possess the ability to apply principles of logic
and strategic thinking to a wide range of problems, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess effective written and verbal
- Must possess the ability to identify referral growth
opportunities Demonstrated ability to interact with healthcare team, coworkers, supervisors, and all members of the Corporate Management Team. Active participation with health care industry
professional organizations is preferred
- Must complete all mandatory competencies for system,
CRS business unit and/or facility.
- Must complete CRS Orientation, Facility-specific
Orientation, and Department Specific Orientation(s) where appropriate.
- May in the course of their job duties be in rooms
where medications are stored.
- No contact with medications is
Responsibilities: The person in this position must
be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Provide skilled physical therapy in accordance with
the physician’s plan of treatment.
- Assist the physician in the evaluation and
assessment of the client’s level of functioning by applying appropriate tests and assist in the development and revision of the plan of care.
- Treat clients to relieve pain, develop and restore
function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical therapy plan of care.
- Observe, record, and report the client’s reaction
to treatment and any changes in the client’s condition to the physician, Director of Nurses and Case Manager.
- Educate client/caregiver and health care team in
the phases of physical therapy in which they may assist the client, in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices, and durable medical equipment, as appropriate.
- Provide staff in-service education as directed by
Director of Nursing.
- Assess and regularly reevaluate the needs of the
client. Develops implements and revises the client’s plan of care.
- Initiate diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative
procedures as appropriate to the client’s care safety.
- Assist with plan of care and maintain continuity of
and/or multidisciplinary clients whenever needed to ensure good coordination of care.
- Promote coordination of care through
interdisciplinary case conferences and communication with physician and field staff.
- Develop, prepares and maintains individualized
client care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to agency policy and procedures.
- Participate in the agency’s quality improvement
- Keep abreast of physical trends and knowledge for
service provision, documentation and care coordination.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service programs
and Utilization reviews.
- Supervise the Physical Therapy Aide at least every
Licensure, Certifications, and
- Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of
- Act 33 and 73 clearances required.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both
a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary
- Older Adult Protective Services
- Physical Therapist
- Driver's License
- Automobile with automotive
- One (1) year of nursing experience preferred, but will
consider new graduate
123 PHHC services and
employment are provided without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, disability, handicap or age.